RM 2243 (Leander Road) Improvements
The City of Georgetown, in coordination with the Texas Department of Transportation, is proposing safety and mobility improvements along RM 2243 (Leander Road) from Southwest Bypass to Norwood Drive, as well as pedestrian and bicycle improvements from Southwest Bypass to the I-35 Frontage Road.
This project aims to improve safety and mobility for all travelers, provide safe turning access to and from the adjacent school and neighborhoods, improve pedestrian and bicycle connectivity, and improve access to Southwest Bypass.
- Widen the road to two lanes in each direction
- Construct raised medians with turn lanes
- Reconstruct the Southwest Bypass intersection
- Install a new signal at RM 2243 and River Ridge Drive
- Provide additional pedestrian and bicyclist paths
Thank you for participating in the Virtual Open House, available from May 25 to June 9, 2023. All comments received are being reviewed and the meeting summary will be shared online when it is available.
Archived Meeting Materials: